Showing 1646 results

Person/organization
Corporate body

Physical Development Centre

  • Corporate body
  • 1965 - 1972

The Physcial Development Centre (PDC) was established in 1965 as one of the three original centres of the Faculty of Education. It was responsible for managing campus recreational faclities and intramural activities (Recreation Services); organizing SFU's competitive intercollegiate athletics program (Athletics); and offering courses relating to physical education through the university's General Education program. In 1967, the centre added the Department of Physical Development Studies to deliver courses on human growth and movement (kinesiology). Athletics and Recreatonal Services left the centre (and the Faculty of Education) in 1970 to become an independent administrative unit reporting to the Vice-President, Administration. The Faculty of Education as a whole re-organized in 1972, abolishing the PDC along with the other remaining centres, with Physical Development Studies moving to the newly established Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies as the Department of Kinesiology.

SFU Surrey

  • Corporate body
  • [ca 2002] -

Sons of Scotland Benevolent Association. Lord Tweedsmuir Camp, No. 209

  • Corporate body
  • 1936 -

The Lord Tweedsmuir Camp, named after the then Governor General, was founded in the Kerrisdale area of Vancouver, and instituted on April 20, 1936. For honorary members, the initiation fee was two dollars, with an annual fee of three dollars, and for active members the initiation fee was eight dollars, with a monthly fee of fifty cents. The Camp met at the Canadian Legion Hall at 42nd Avenue and Yew Street until June 1960, and then at the South Main Masonic Hall on Main Street, until June 1987. In September 1987, the camp began meeting at 2146 W. 41st Avenue, and the Camp, which is still active, continues to meet at that location.

Sons of Scotland Benevolent Association. Montrose Camp, No. 203

  • Corporate body
  • 1944 - 1981

The Montrose Camp was established in East Vancouver in October 1944. In May 1975, the Camp began holding joint meetings with the Glengarry Camp. Executive positions were shared between the two camps. The camps continued to hold joint meetings until the Montrose Camp was disbanded on May 31, 1981, and approximately sixty Montrose members were integrated into the Glengarry Camp.

Results 91 to 120 of 1646