Series F-192-5 - Lord Tweedsmuir Camp, No. 209 minute books

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Lord Tweedsmuir Camp, No. 209 minute books

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title is based on the contents of the series.

Level of description


Reference code


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1939 - 1997 (Creation)
    Sons of Scotland Benevolent Association. Lord Tweedsmuir Camp, No. 209

Physical description area

Physical description

30 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1936 - )

Administrative history

The Lord Tweedsmuir Camp, named after the then Governor General, was founded in the Kerrisdale area of Vancouver, and instituted on April 20, 1936. For honorary members, the initiation fee was two dollars, with an annual fee of three dollars, and for active members the initiation fee was eight dollars, with a monthly fee of fifty cents. The Camp met at the Canadian Legion Hall at 42nd Avenue and Yew Street until June 1960, and then at the South Main Masonic Hall on Main Street, until June 1987. In September 1987, the camp began meeting at 2146 W. 41st Avenue, and the Camp, which is still active, continues to meet at that location.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Series consists of records relating to meetings and activities of the Lord Tweedsmuir Camp. Records include minute books with related papers, such as financial statements, District No. 16 Committee minutes (1951-1960), and Grand Camp minutes (June 1942). Minute books also include new member lists and rolls of camp officers. Minutes for the years 1947 to 1950 are missing.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The records were donated to the Simon Fraser University Archives by the Lord Tweedsmuir Camp in one accession on December 22, 2003.


Files are arranged chronologically.

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Access to some files containing personal information may be restricted. Files marked 'pending review' must be reviewed by an archivist prior to release, and as a result of the review access restrictions may apply. Please see the file lists and consult the archivist for more details.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A file list is available.

Generated finding aid

Associated materials

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions



Level of detail


Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres